What is Anger Management?
Anger management is a psycho-therapeutic program for anger prevention and control. It has been described as deploying anger successfully. Anger is frequently a result of frustration, or of feeling blocked or thwarted from something the subject feels is important. QLCC Anger Management Facilitators are nationally Certified through the National Anger Management Association. The program focuses on understanding triggers, coping with aggressive and violent behaviors and developing healthy ways to express frustration and anger.
How We Can Help
• Improved self-awareness, self-advocacy, and self-accountability skills
• Improved emotional management
• Learn specific skills to use in situations likely to trigger your anger
• Improved problem-solving in frustrating situations
• Improved communication skills
• Reduction in violent behaviors
Funding Accepted for Service
Referrals can be made by calling (757) 998-2100 or by faxing a copy of the referral form to (757) 998-2101.